ss_blog_claim=7cf3b60b1bbf4442ebdebc5cacb82c9b

Monday, August 10, 2009

Hysteria in Houston... and Kendry keeps on krushing

OK, I feel a little weird about that last word in the title... despite the fun that people poke at my University of Georgia education, I do know that 'crushing' starts with a 'c'.

Houston has taken hold of GABA 2010! Many thanks to the fine folks at 1560 The Game for getting the ball rolling in H-Town. The trip also popped up on a fan blog called Astros Daily.

Just to clear up any confusion, I'm not soliciting donations from anyone... just trying to build up this blog and see if there's interest in the idea of turning this trip into an online blog/video thing. If it takes off, then we'll see about getting some companies to sponsor the trip. But rest assured, this blog (and the best things in life) will always be free for the people.

Quick man-crush update: Kendry Morales has two bombs in Anaheim tonight. The Rays and Angels are playing baseball's version of an arena football game. It'll be something like 37-24 by the time it's over, and both pitching coaches may be touching up their resumes. Kendry now has 26 bombs on the year, and has my fantasy team in a solid second place despite nearly 1,000 superstars on the DL.

OK, so I exaggerate at times.

2 comments:

  1. I heard about your adventure on the Astrosdaily forum and I wanted to wish you the best of luck. I will keep an eye on this blog to try and bolster the readership numbers. If your trip becomes a reality I will definitely follow your blog.

    PS. While I wouldn't quite put Kendry Morales in man-crush category, I am quite a fan. Kendry, Branyon and Nyjer have been waiver wire wonders for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salman - thanks very much for following the blog and supporting the GABA. Can't wait to see if we can make this thing fly next spring!

    Talk about some great waiver wire pickups... you're talking 184 runs, 55 HR, 180 ribbies and 40 steals at the low, low cost of nothing on your wire! That's how fantasy champions are made. Sadly, I'm a distant second in my league thanks to Reyes, Beltran and Delgado but I can't imagine how things would look without Kendry in the mix.

    ReplyDelete