ss_blog_claim=7cf3b60b1bbf4442ebdebc5cacb82c9b

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

First Pitch

After six long years away (did blogs even exist six long years ago?), I have snuck back into the Great Blogging Block Party through a secret side entrance. Actually, I just jumped back on blogger.com and signed back up, but that sounds so much less magical.

The fact remains, it's 2009, and it's time to get back to blogging basics. Starting this blog again is like coming home from a long road trip to a home cooked meal - it just feels right.

This new blog's purpose is two-fold.

First, I freakin' love baseball, and since my job got eliminated a few months ago, I've had thoughts bouncing around like pinballs in my head (lemme tell ya, that can hurt the sides of your brain). So this blog will be an outlet for thoughts, ideas, and some other random tidbits, both on the national pastime and on other aspects of this crazy recession-driven life we lead now.

Second, this blog will hopefully serve as a launching pad for one of the craziest baseball dreams ever. This is where the title comes from - The Great American Baseball Adventure. More to come soon, but the GABA (acronym, anyone?) is basically my baseball brainchild for the 2010 season.

The plan is to see a home game from EVERY full-season major and minor league baseball team in one season! (Quick math: 30 major league teams + 120 full-season minor league teams = 150 games in a little less than 6 months... and 1 calculator with smoke pouring from the display).

My wife and I are both huge baseball fans (how in the world did I get that lucky?) and we've visited about two-thirds of the major league stadiums, most of them over the last five years. But let's face it, a week-long tour of California's 5 MLB stadiums is a far cry from seeing EVERY full-season team at home in a season.

Obviously, the Great American Baseball Adventure is a lot closer to concept than reality at this point. But maybe, just maybe, this blog will be a first step toward making our baseball dreams come true.

Good to be back, blogging world.

5 comments:

  1. Here's one well-wisher getting on board early. Let me say this: if you get to CT while I am still living here, New Britain Rockcats Tix are on me. Or hell even PawSox.

    If for some reason I'm back home in Texas and I have to cover some RR Express tix instead, all the better.

    -DB

    ReplyDelete
  2. DB - as always, you rock brother! Don't forget about the Connecticut Defenders too... let's hope the GABA dream becomes a reality!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know how I feel about this idea... figgin awesome!!! Anything you need brotha, anything you need!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude,

    that is freakin awesome! hope you're taking some good video along the way as well...we'll have to hang out when you come in September for the Chisox!

    -T

    ReplyDelete
  5. It didn't look that fast...

    ReplyDelete