ss_blog_claim=7cf3b60b1bbf4442ebdebc5cacb82c9b

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

MLB schedules are out!

Don't worry folks... I haven't forgotten about you or about the soon-to-be greatest baseball blog on earth. I also haven't forgotten how to type in hyperbole.

It turns out that uprooting your life and moving halfway across the country takes a lot of your time, energy, and did I mention time?

Late next week, we'll be in a new home in a new city, working a new job in a career for which my passion runs deeper than ever. It's exciting, but it's certainly time consuming.

But don't think I won't find time to talk baseball, and the 2010 GABA, once we get settled in the Midwest. You know I will... baseball's been my obsession long before I entered the workforce.

The email notices from MLB teams started pouring in yesterday - the 2010 MLB schedules are out! That's right, it's time to start thinking about Manny coming to Boston, or how to work the Cubs and White Sox into the same weekend (or better yet, the same day).

And if I hadn't been lucky enough to find a job in this economy, I'd be buried in schedules today, building the Greatest American Baseball Adventure ever - 150 games in a single season. Every MLB, AAA, AA, and full season A team on the continent!

So here's a compromise - in the coming weeks, once I can see above the stack of boxes again, I'll print all the schedules and start mapping out what would've been GABA 2010. And part of this blog next year will be following those 150 games. I won't be able to attend them, but we can still take a virtual GABA next year.

I know it's sacrilege to talk about this while the 2009 season's still going on, but 2010 is right around the corner!

No comments:

Post a Comment