ss_blog_claim=7cf3b60b1bbf4442ebdebc5cacb82c9b

Saturday, September 26, 2009

The great reconnect...

Hello Wisconsin!

After a week of being separated from my stuff, wandering the Eastern US in search of good Mexican food, I have arrived in Milwaukee with two ideas dominating my thinking:

First, I've got to do a better job searching for that Mexican food. And second, this new life is pretty damn cool so far.

I can see Miller Park from the living room windows. My wife and I actually went to Miller Park a few hours after getting the keys to the new place. Brewers fans tailgate for September baseball games! Phenomenal. Our 9th MLB stadium this season gave us the well-expected (Jeff Suppan imploding) and the unexpected (Chorizo won the sausage race!), and left us wishing the season wasn't almost over.

That's the bad news. The good news is, since I have my beloved World Wide Web again, I'm downloading schedules like a teenage girl who just found the Jonas Brothers mother lode on Frostwire. It's like putting 1,000 jigsaw puzzle pieces on the floor - right now it just looks like a big mess. But before long, you'll see the picture clearly - a trip to every full-season major and minor league stadium in the 2010 season!

Of course, I won't be able to actually take the trip, since I'll be spending 2010 plotting my way into a sausage race.

But anyone else with the spare money and time is welcome to embark on GABA 2010! (Plus it'll be great practice in case we're in a position to take GABA 2011 or 2012...)

For now, pass the custard, will ya?

No comments:

Post a Comment